Thursday 27th October
Number of Games
3 Bo1, or 1 Bo3 each night
All players must be current students with verified NUEL accounts
Monday 24th October
Each Game night starts 7.15pm on Thursday Evening.
27th October Swiss League
3rd November Swiss League
10th November Swiss League
17th November Swiss League
24th November Quarter Finals
1st December Semi Finals
8th December Finals
The Winter Championship has two stages:
- League - consists of all the teams and gaurntees games every week
- Play-offs - top 8 teams from the League Stage qualify to determine the Winter Champion
This is our first Overwatch tournament and we want to ensure that everyone who competes has a great time, to help us with that we're limiting the tournament to the first 64 eligible teams that enter. An eligible team is classed as a team that has entered the tournament with 6 registered players with vlaid battletags.
- 12 round Swiss tournamnet
- 3 games per night over 4 weeks
- In a Swiss tournament everyone plays in every round
- Teams are ranked on the number of wins, they then play against another team who have the same number of wins
- For example: you win your first game, lose the 2nd, on the 3rd game you'll play someone who also has 1 win and 1 loss
- Sometimes it's not possible to pair teams with the exact same win and loss, in this situation we try to find the closest match, e.g. if there's only 1 team with 7 wins they will play against a team with 6 wins
- If teams are tied in the final standing they will be ordered by OMWP (Opponent match win percentage), here's more info on how OWMP works
- Top 8 finishes in the League qualify
- Single elimination bracket
- Quarter Finals and Semi-finals are BO3 (best of 3)
- Grand final is BO5 (best of 5)
Map Selection should be done using pre-game lobby chat.
- All results should be submitted using tournament companion.
- The available map pool is: All Maps.
Map Selection will be determined as follows depending on number of rounds in a match:
- Best-of-Five (Bo5)-Teams alternate banning maps until 5 maps remain, these maps are then played in a random order.
- Best-of-Three (Bo3)-Teams alternate banning maps until 3 maps remain, these maps are then played in a random order.
- Best-of-One (Bo1)-Teams alternate banning maps until 1 map remains, this is then the map played.
Map ties will be settled by a Bo1 Control map announced before that night’s games begin.
Custom Game Settings:
- Rule set: Competative
- High bandwidth: ON
- Return To Lobby: After A Game
- Hero Selection Limit: 1 Per Team
- Disable Kill Cam: ON
Full rules doc will be available before season starts.
6x NUEL Exclusive NUEL winners Hoodies
To be announced in due course
Loading eligible teams...
Not eligible to play
Loading ineligible teams...
Lead Tournament Admin
Signups for this tournament are now closed.
Loading points table...