Monday 17th October
Number of Games
2 Bo1, or 1 Bo3 each night
All players must be current students with verified NUEL accounts
11.59pm Friday 14th October
Game night starts 7.15pm on a Monday
17th October Qualification
24th October Qualification
31st October Qualification1
7th November Swiss & Double Elimination
13th November Swiss & Double Elimination
21st November Swiss & Double Elimination
28th November Swiss & Double Elimination
5th December Finals
6th December Overflow final date if needed2
1 Bracket may start this week
2 Finals may be held on Tuesday 6th December if signups exceed 128.
The tournament will follow similar structure to last year with a couple of small changes. If the tournament exceeds 128 teams will be splitting into 2 regions North and South.
Qualification will consist of four to 6 games bo1 games across 2-3 weeks depending on signups. Teams will be initially seeded based on rank of individual players into 4 groups. Each round you play you will be paired against another team in your current group and if you win you move up a group.
After qualification the top 32 teams (possibly 16 per region) will progress to double elimination bracket and the remaining Teams will be seeded into Swiss tournament. Teams who do better in qualification will start the Swiss tournament with points based on finish in Qualification.
For First weeks games in double elimination bracket will be bo1. After first week winners bracket games will be bo3 and losers bracket Bo1. With the grand final being a weighted bo5 meaning team from winner bracket starts with a 1-0 headstart.
Teams who get knocked out of double elimination will be relegated to swiss league the following week starting with all wins earned during double elimination bracket.
A Swiss League is a league where everyone plays all rounds and teams are ranked on number of wins. Teams will always play against someone with same number of wins. E.g. If you win your first game and lose second the the third game you will play against someone else with 1 win and 1 loss. Sometimes it is not possible to pair everyone with someone with exactly same number of wins in this situation we try and match closest fit.
Eg if there is only 1 teams with 7 wins they will play versus a team with 6 wins. Teams tied on wins in final standing we will be ordered OMWP (opponent match win percentage) to Example of how OMPW is used in Guild Wars
In week 8 there will be no Swiss games and only the remaining elimination games will be played.
- Teams need to check in each week before deadline or will not be given any fixtures for that week.
- Teams may have a coach using coach spectator slot on server.
- Results must submitted by both captains on the tournament page before starting their next game. Screenshots of final score should also be saved by both teams in case of a dispute.
- Teams are expected to arrive promptly to all games. If a team does not have all 5 players ready to play 20 mins after the scheduled start time they will forfeit the game, (or 20 mins after both teams have finished the previous round match).
- This tournament will be ran using the current competitive map pool.
- Choice of side starting side will be determined by a knife round.
Servers will be provided and will have the following settings:
- mp_startmoney 800
- mp_roundtime_defuse 1.75
- mp_freezetime 15
- mp_maxrounds 30
- mp_c4timer 40
- sv_pausable 1
- ammo_grenade_limit_default 1
- ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 2
- ammo_grenade_limit_total 4
- sv_friction 5.2
- sv_accelerate 5.5
- cash_player_killed_teammate “-300”
- mp_maxrounds 6 (overtime)
- mp_startmoney 10000 (overtime)
Map selection will be determined as follows for Bo3:
- Team B removes one of the 6 maps.
- Team A removes one of the 5 remaining maps.
- Team A picks one of the 4 remaining maps, will be played as 1st map.
- Team B picks one of the 3 remaining maps, will be played as 2nd map.
- Team B removes one of the 2 maps.
- Team A removes one of the 1 remaining maps.
- The last map will be, if needed, played as 3rd map.
Map selection for Bo1s will be determined by teams taking turns to veto one map until only one map remains.
Full rules doc will be available soon.
5x exclusive NUEL winners hoodie
Will be announced in due course
Server IP addresses
Eligible to play
Loading eligible teams...
Not eligible to play
Loading ineligible teams...
Lead Tournament Admin
Log in to your account to create or join a team.
Loading points table...